The 2015 New Zealand Mountain Film Festival is a combination of events over the five days July 3rd to 7th in NZ’s premier alpine village of Wanaka (to learn about Wanaka click here), and also three days in Queenstown on July 9th to 11th. The NZ Mountain Film Festival is a non-profit registered charitable trust (registration #2566732) and a registered charity (registration #CC49344).
Activities scheduled include
- International and NZ made adventure film competition (over $3000 in cash prizes). 2015 Opens January 1st.
- Viewing of the film finalist, the World’s best adventure movies!
- Awards night with films, winning film previews and live Music
- NZ & International Guest speakers
- Two Day Adventure Film School – Closed for 2014
- Adventure gear trade show
- Art exhibition
- Film Editing Competition (US$500 first prize) – Closed for 2014
- NEW Photography Competition (NZ$500 first prize) – Closed for 2014
- Heaps of giveaways
- And of course, loads of general socialising
NZMFF Point of Difference
The NZ Mountain Film Festival is a NZ made festival which started in 2002 and is internationally recognised as one of the world’s premier mountain film festival events. It’s NZ’s original mountain film festival with it’s own international adventure film maker’s competition, as well as a highly regarded NZ made division. Film makers receive cash for various awards and the films we play often go on to do well in other similar festivals like the Banff Mountain Film Festival, Sundance Mountain Film Festival, Kendal Mountain Film Festival and Vancouver Mountain Film Festival.
The NZMFF puts on a national tour, as do many of the above festivals. You will sometimes see the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour playing in venues around NZ. Try not to confuse this Canadian made festival with our NZ made one.
The NZ Mountain Film Festival is a grass roots event with guest speakers and several other events in Wanaka and Queenstown. Come check us out….